Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Observations and Examples: Fashion Story Catalog Items

It has come apparent to me that one of the most difficult things to do on Fashion Story is to keep your boutique's clothing and accessories in stock, especially if you have a job, go to school or are simply on vacation. Why is it important? Because clothes are the main source of income for your boutique. The more clothes you have, the more buyers buy, which means more money to spend on avatar outfits, decor, etc.

 Over time, I have come up with an over-night order list and a day-time order list specifically for the purpose of keeping my boutique alive.

My day-time order list changes based on what I am doing that day and how much I am on my iPhone. My over-night list however, stays the same most days. What you have on your order list should be based on the Theme of Your Boutique. In my case, since my theme is Green and Blue Beach Chic my order lists include items from ocean jewel, geek chic, boho chic, beach allure, lakeside lady, keep it casual, etc. 

No matter what theme your boutique has, the time the items take to 'arrive' should be about the same. Here is a time guide line.

 Anything from 7-18 hours for over-night orders

 2 mins-8 hours for day-time orders

 24 hour orders I usually right before I go to sleep, but they could be ordered at anytime during the day.

Below are some examples of how using this order guide list could look like.


Blooming Diva: 5 hours/day-time order. Ocean Jewel: 1 day/anytime order.


Simply Casual: 2 mins/day-time order, Born Wild: 1 hour mins/day-time order, Morning Stroll: 15 mins/day-time order,


Cool and Cozy: 5 hours/day-time order, Fun Fur Sure: 12 hours/night-time order, and Fall Fabulous: 8 hours/night or day-time order. 

As you can see, there are some outfits that can be ordered day or night. One of the main reasons your night-time order time is so important is that however long it took to get here, is how long it has until it expires. For example, if a shirt take 1 minute to arrive than it only lasts one minute before expiring. Time also effects how many 'units' of each item you get. I have found that by stocking up (by ordering multiple of the same thing or ordering it consistently) I could leave my shop to run, without any interaction from me, for days. So, pay attention not only to time also the 'unit' amount.


This concludes my observations on the Fashion Story boutique catalog. If you have questions, comments or an opinion, please leave comment.~ Sky's Limit



No comments:

Post a Comment