Tuesday, December 10, 2013

"What to Delete and What Not to Delete?" Now That is a Good Question!

One of the biggest things that took me until recently to decide was "What to keep and what not to keep" when it came to my Fashion Story Profile Wall. At first I kept everything unless it contain another players storm8 ID or was just a rude comment (thankfully there has not been many of those). This worked perfectly, until One of my neighbors posted a message I wanted to keep on my wall as long as I could. 


After thinking for a while, I decide that I would keep only quotes, bible verses, special messages from my friends and links to contests I was in on my Fashion Story wall. Along with links to people who want to be in my next contest or are in my current contest on my wall temporarily as a means of notifying them (of starting of the next round, etc), made for a necessarily precise monitoring system.

  This system won't help you when you when you have no access to your Fashion Story boutique, but that is another blog post altogether. However I will say this, informing your neighbors ahead of time of your absence helps a lot

I have a basic criteria for what stays and what goes that is fairly simple.


For example, all of the comments above I would remove right after I visited those who had posted them. On the other hand, the comments in the first picture I have kept on my wall for certain reasons which I will explain in  moment. Before I do that however, I should explain why these three comments fall into the category "delete".

The three comments in the second picture are what I call "daily posts". Most people have something they post whenever they visit someone and like their clothes, here are some other examples: Like x6, HAGD (HAGD is short for have a great day), x6, liked, and liked x3 please add me, ID on my wall. These are only a few of the many different things I see posted on my wall each day by my neighbors and visitors. Though these comments make it easier to return your friend's visits, in the long run they hold no great value in my opinion.

Nevertheless, I have found some comments very valuable indeed. Because of the vast differences in such comments it is hard to give an example. Even so I can give you list of questions to ask when deciding whether to delete a post or not.

"'The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God endures forever' ~ Isaiah 40:8 _ liked x6 HAGD nbr" (example comment)

1. Is this comment a quote? 
if yes continue to question 2
if not see question 3
2. Do you agree with this quote?
if so continue to question 4
if not than delete it
3. Is it contest link?
if yes keep it until it becomes useless (contest ends or you are eliminated)
if not then see question 5
4. Could it help others to read it?
If yes than keep it (how did it make you feel when you read it?)
if not than do you still agree with it?
5. Is this a special message from a friend?
if yes than keep it
if not than delete it

As you can see this list of questions determines what the comment is and gives you a reason to keep it or not keep it. I should note that if the comment is rude, it should be remove as soon as possible unless you are planning on reporting the person who posted it.

Just remember that whatever is on your wall, is one of the first things that a new potential neighbor sees. So make sure that whatever you keep, is what you want to represent you to the whole world of Fashion Story. You can't stop people from posting stupid things on your wall, but you can delete their posts as promptly as you can.

I hope this post helps answer the question "What to Delete and What Not to Delete?" for those of you wondering what to do with your over-flooding walls. Please comment if you have a question or an opinion. ~ Sky's Limit


1 comment:

  1. Please add me! dkfjjgg and dkfjjgg2 as i have 2 accounts. please let me know of future contests! and by the way, let me know how you created this cool blog.

    ReplyDelete