Thursday, June 26, 2014

Covet Fashion: A Walk Through of The App

Over the last few weeks I have been introducing a Fashion Game that I think is an awesome companion to Fashion Story.



In this post I am going to show you around the app and give you a general idea of what each section is and does. First of is the Inbox and Home:


The inbox is where you will get the notices for your ticket allowance, what your scores where in events and other important news. There is not much more to say and it is pretty simple to use. As featured in a later image, to change between screens you open the menu by tapping the three black lines in the top left corner.

Next is home (I don't have a picture for this section) this simply displays the scores of players near your location and some of the top outfits in your area. Not really useful for me.

After that we have the enter events tab (middle image in the collage above). This is where you enter events as written about in an earlier post.

The last one I have a picture of is the Go Shopping tab where you can 'buy' new clothing items with the money you earn by entering events. You can use the filter to create a specific search or just window shop.

Shop Online (another one I don't have a pic for) simply gives you an the option to go online and buy the items in the game in real life. Not really useful to me, but if you really like an item I could see it helping with finding it.

Now for the Closet:


Before I continue I will note that there are quite a few more tabs to go through, but since they are not exactly necessary to play the game (except the FAQ) I decided not to go into detail. The name of the tab describes i enough in my opinion. However, if you have questions, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer them.


As seen above there are 5 secondary tabs within the closet. The first one is My Garments. This shows you all the clothing items you own, their normal price, etc. It also gives you opportunity to create outfits just for fun on the bottom right via the button 'Create Look' (which you can't see in this collage). 

Next is My Looks. This is where you can view your looks for both events and what you may have done for fun. As you can tell I have quite a few looks already made.

After that you will find Liked Looks. This is where any outfit you have liked will show up (see this post). I use this not only to look at some of awesome outfits I've liked, but if I like a specific garment I use this to find it and maybe buy it depending on the price. This brings us to the next tab.

The Liked Garment tab is very useful to me and here is why. Let's just say I am 'window' shopping and I see an item I would like to get for my model, but I don't have the money at the moment. If I like the item, it saves here and I can come back and buy it when I have the coins or gems needed. 

The last tab is Liked Brands, but since I haven't figured out how to like brands (nor do I want to really) I don't know what it could be useful for. I just don't use it and pretend it doesn't exist...

I hope this post has helped you understand the game better, please feel free to ask any questions. If you have a suggestion for a post subject or a fashion game that you think I might like please leave a comment here. Thank You! ~ Sky's Limit

3 comments:

  1. I found it, thank you for doing that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me. madeinspain

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello!! Very interesting discussion glad that I came across such informative post. Keep up the good work friend. Glad to be part of your net community. detectives privados madrid

    ReplyDelete