Saturday, November 16, 2013

How to Start Your Own Avatar Contest, Part 2

Keeping track of points and rounds can be very confusing, so organizing them should be top priority. Keep in mind that everyone organizes differently, so your system probably won't look exactly like mine. On the other hand it may be very similar. Either way here is an example of how to organize your points and rounds.

Round 1: Date Night
………….(describe round)…………..

1. (Contestants Boutique name) 5/10= 6th place --- 5/50 overall

First you could write down the round and the description you are going to give the players, so that when you are looking at or taking a picture of their avatar's outfits, you know what to look for without having to go back on your own Fashion Story wall. This information may not be necessary, but can be very helpful in the future. Something else I strongly suggest is a list of your contestants, as shown above. I usually but  a number next to their Fashion Story name based on what order they entered my contest.

Next to that is their boutique name and then their points or score for that round.  In the case of my contest, each round is worth up to 10 points and since there is 5 rounds each contestant could get up to 50 points overall. It is these points that in the end decide who wins the contest. At this moment our example would most likely be eliminated, because of the very low score she has.

 I don't usually count their overall score until the last round, though I do keep track of it. This of course means that some people get eliminated even though they have a pretty high overall score, but that doesn't happen very often. You may have noticed on the example that this player is considered to be in '6th place'. This is something which I only recently developed. Here is what I came up with.

10/10 1st
9/10 2nd
8/10 3rd
7/10 4th, etc

If you get into the 1st, 2nd or 3rd group, you will most likely go onto the next round. If you get 5th (6/10) and below, you are most likely up for elimination. As the contest organizer, you should plan ahead as to how many contestants will be eliminated per round. This should be based on how many contestants you have in your contest and how many rounds you are going to have. In my case I do 5 rounds, #15 contestants and I eliminate 3 players per round except in the last round where winner takes all… :)

Using this organized system I keep track of my contestants, their points and rounds. I have found that by using this system I can easily run my Fashion Story contest and still operate as a human being in my real life. I am planning on going into more detail about contest rounds and how to come up with them in a later post, but hopefully this can at least help you get started.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask via comments, I will answer them to the best of my ability. ~Sky's Limit

No comments:

Post a Comment