Sunday, March 23, 2014

5 How to Tips For Contestants and Contest Hosts in Regarding to Outfits: a Subject Suggested by moynistwo

Tip #1, Make Sure You Understand the Theme: Don't be afraid to ask questions or request further explanation. Not only does this help you do your best in the competition but it can help the contest host learn how to explain herself to her contestants. To my Contest Hosts out there, if you can tell that someone does not understand what you are asking then find a way to help them without making them feel humiliated or embarrassed. 

By understanding what you are dressing for, your outfit will be way better equipped for the contest and you've got a very good chance on making it to the next round.

Tip #2, Combine Matching and Colorful: Try to have matching items in your outfits but at the same time don't be afraid to add that pop or surprise item that can take your outfit to the next level. You want their first reaction to be "wow, this person did a great job" or anything like that.


This is something which I apply to more than just Fashion Story Avatar Contests. I also apply it to writing blog posts, drawing, the list goes on. 

Tip #3. Beautiful Can Be Less Coins: You might think that the more coins/gems an item is, the cuter it will be. This is not always the case, so I don't worry about the end cost of my outfit in real life or in Fashion Story. For instance for my Christmas Outfits I used some of the items you get for free in the beginning, at like level 80 (or something like that). Anyway, price isn't a defining factor in my choices for winners of my contests nor of what I wear for contests I am in.

Just something to think about and watch out for.

Tip #4. Accessories, Accessories and more Accessories: I know you have most likely heard this many times, but I happen to know that the accessories you chose can change an outfit from elegant to casual, basketball time to date time, etc. Pick your accessories with care and remember to experiment with what goes and what doesn't. 

Tip #5. Ask For Pointers From Contest Host if You Get Eliminated: If your outfit doesn't 'cut it' ask for the honest reasons and learn from their critic. Most of the ladies I know would gladly give pointers to their contestants and I know I have in the past though only when asked.  

To those of you who are contest hosts, keep in mind that you owe it to your voluntary contestants to make being in your contest as fun as you can. 

To those of you who are contestants, I hope this list helps you and I hope that you will have taken something away after reading this. 

If you have an idea of a good subject for a post please either leave via comment here or at Questions & Suggestions. Thank you! ~ Sky's Limit






No comments:

Post a Comment